Tuesday 8 October 2013

Comic Book Philosophy ^_^


I just finished Volume 2 of a comic book series called Forever Evil, and wanted to share an interesting quote by Dave E. Smalley:

...said the survival of the fittest is the ageless law of nature, but the fittest are rarely the strong.  The fittest are those endowed with the qualifications for adaptation, the ability to accept the inevitable and conform to the unavoidable, to harmonize with existing or changing conditions

I find that it was very profound thought, but I don't really understand what it means.   What do you think it means?  If you figure it out, please post it in the comments  :) 

4 comments:

  1. I will do the best I can to explain what "survival of the fittest" means without sounding too scientific. Firstly a philosopher by the name of Herbet Spencer coined this concept. Basically what it means is that a species can adapt to the environment that it has been given based on their advantages/strengths/talents/skills. For example: an animal that is able to find food will survive longer, and the healthier they are the longer they will live. They will then pass their genes to their children whom will also live longer. I hope this is not too confusing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fun to read comics I should try reading some but I like to read magazines, chapter books , biographies.... and sometimes Archie

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a good book maybe i should try to read comics one time my mom and dad used to read them so why not? i just prefer non fiction or fantasy but i never thought of reading comic books

    ReplyDelete